121st SCGA AMATEUR CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING
TUESDAY, JULY 21, 2020
Singing Hills GR (Oak Glen)
3007 Dehesa Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will participate in an 18-hole stroke-play qualifying round.
- 84 players, including exempt players and qualifiers, will advance to the 121st SCGA Amateur Championship at Industry Hills GC on August 10 – 13, 2020.
- The final number of qualifying spots at each site will be available from the Committee on the day of play.
- All ties at the qualifier will be broken using the USGA suggested method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures: Section 5A (6)).
There will be no formal registration at this event.
STARTING TIMES & PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the qualifier.
- Starting times will range from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 1 p.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils, and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
TEES & YARDAGE:
- Play will be from the BLUE tee markers. Please see hole-by-hole yardages on the Event Portal.
- Course Rating: 71.8 / Slope: 127 / 6,594 yards / Par 72.
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense.
- Call Singing Hills GR at (800) 457-5568 in advance of the date you wish to play, or book online in advance of the date you wish to play at singinghillsgolfesort.com.
- The driving range will be available by 6:30 a.m. on the day of the qualifier and you will have a slip assigned to you at the Golf Shop, compliments of Singing Hills GR and the SCGA.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and must limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
FOOD SERVICE & PURCHASES:
- The Snack bar, Restaurant and Lounge will be available by 7 a.m. until the end of the day.
- Cash and major credit cards will be accepted for all purchases.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION, PULL/PUSH CARTS:
- During a round, a player must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee (Model Local Rule G-6).
- Players seeking to use a golf cart due to a medical or ADA-related reason must make arrangements with SCGA staff in advance of the competition.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
CANCELATIONS & REFUNDS:
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at email@example.com or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures,